universal lampwork cabochon mandrels kit 6-42 mm
The Universal Lampwork Cabochon Mandrels kit 6-42 mm kit of mandrels is a kit of mandrels with a special thread on the mandrel end and disc-bases to create beads and cabochons. The Universal Lampwork Cabochon Mandrels Kit 6-42 mm kit includes disc-bases with diameters from 6 to 42 mm and a thread for the creation of beads and cabochons in the torch flame. Cabochons and beads can be used as ring tops, pendants and earnings. The lampwork mandrels kit also includes hexagonal stainless steel nut which is used for removable / changeable ring tops, which are screwed on the thread of the cabochon mandrel before creating a cabochon or bead. After the completion of your bead or cabochon, the disc-base can be unscrewed and the threaded nut remains inside your creation. You can also use a universal cabochon mandrel kit as a regular mandrel, without a nut.
It often happens that the cabochon falls from the disk-base. In most cases, this happens because of the following reasons:
1. In the process of gathering a cabochon, the cabochon gains weight and the force of gravity pulls it down.
2. The separator exfoliates from the disc-base because of overheating.
3. The glass overheats and melts, and starts to flow over the disk surface.
In this case, we propose to use an additional smaller disc-base size for better grip and to creating a bigger contact surface area. A smaller diameter of disc-base is screwed on top of the bigger disc-base. Look at the photo.
This Universal Lampwork Cabochon Mandrel Kit 6-42 mm gives you great opportunities for creativity and improvisation. You can screw your ring top, pendant, bracelet or cabochon. Your piece will get a new look in the twinkling of an eye.
This Universal Lampwork Cabochon Mandrel Kit 6-42 mm is compatible with all existing accessories, rings and findings with this standard thread M2.5.
Each set includes:
– One length mandrel 11.8 “/ 30-cm stainless steel rod with 6 mm diameter, with M2.5 thread end.
– Disc-bases with thickness of 2.5 mm, diameters from 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 25, 38, 42 mm.
– 20 hex nuts made of stainless steel with a thru hole and 6 mm height.
You can also buy separately each component of the kit. For more information and prices, see the category mandrels and related products below.
Please note: all beads and accessories shown in photos are for illustration purposes only and do not constitute part of the product.
This illustration refers only to the kit.